Sunday, May 02, 2010

Hello, It's been a while.

I lead a very busy life.
Everyone who knows me well knows that.
And with this busy life comes consequences.

There are many things I sacrifice to accommodate other priorities.
Things, people. A lot.

Do note, I am not at all complaining about my busy life.
In fact, I love it.
I love the feeling of doing something all the time.
I love looking forward to something during the weekend.
I love doing SOMETHING.

But through this perpetual journey of life till I die, there will be things I am going to miss, friends I'm going to lose, potential relationships wilt before it blossoms.
But I'm not going to regret, cause regretting are for losers who always look back.
Instead, I'm going to cherish the memories I made and am making and am going to make in the future.

Though I will not regret, there will always be that one thought at the back of your mind going, what if?
What if I went for the party instead of camp?
What if I sneaked out of my house instead of staying in my room?
What if I didn't met you?
What if I didn't go debate that day?
What if I didn't join debate at all?

Everyone has their what if moments. But I guess the sad thing is that it is just left like that.
What if. Nothing else.

I am not much of a literature person but there is one poem that really reflects this what if moments.

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

So,
I'm going to life a full life that when I die, in my memorial service, people will go thinking, wow. Rachel led a good life.
Or, wow. How long will I live? I should live a life fuller than how I'm living it right now.

I want to leave this world with good memories for everyone to remember me by. :)

So till then, I shall go make some memories.
Wanna join me?



You've read Rachel.

2 comments:

lol said...

hahahaha... busy life. hahahah. yeah right

Sharon Tattianna Chandar said...

HEY rachel! RELINK! Sharon here! :)
www.sharonzbittersweetcrap.blogspot.com